Monday, July 20, 2009

Four Seasons: Winter

~ Winter ~
Art Nouveau
Brass, NBS Medium


~ Winter ~
Back View


This fantastic button is said to be one of four seasons, but I've never seen the other three. The detail is exceptional, and the slightly concave button is only about 1" wide. The patina is the original finish, plus a hundred years of "mellowing." The button is made of brass, with silver gilt at her shoulder and near her face. I love the way her hood and her hair blend with the woods, the knowing expression on her face, and her bewildering agelessness. Is she girl or woman?

Image and Text © 2009 Anne AKA Once Upon A Button

3 comments:

  1. This one is so beautiful! It reminds me of some Romanian images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,

    This is one of my favorite buttons of all time, and one of my earliest purchases. I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, think you for sharing. Art Nouveau is my fave! Please, please feel free to share as many in your collection as you wish!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments!