Sunday, August 16, 2009

Medieval Collection I

Medieval Theme Picture Buttons


I'll be featuring these buttons in upcoming posts. The buttons in brass date from c1860s to c 1880s. The "white metal" buttons are French, circa 1940s, which were often reproductions of earlier buttons, or they are original designs. Themes range from knights to ladies to falconry to dragons, castles, musicians, and lovers. They are one, two, or three piece construction. Some of the buttons are embellished with riveted cut steels, and many are pierced (openwork). Every button was purchased individually. This is a working "card" of buttons (shanks punched through archival card stock), not a permanent display. I enjoy all of my buttons, but, if this group were the only buttons I could own, I would be a happy woman. Click on the image to see the buttons in greater detail.


Image and Text © 2009 Anne AKA Once Upon A Button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!