Monday, September 7, 2009

Falcon Huntress with a Pierced Border

Falcon Huntress
Stamped and Tinted Brass
Pierced Border
c1880s
NBS Large, 1 3/8"

Falcon Huntress - Pierced Border - Back


If this Falcon Huntress seems familiar, it is because she is patterned after the Falcon Huntress I featured in an earlier post. Both share the same basic design. The Falcon Huntress rides side saddle as she leaps a fence, her loyal hound running beneath it. She wears a high necked gown and a hennin with a flowing veil. This button is a stamped and tinted brass disc framed by a stamped, tinted and pierced brass border. I enjoy both buttons, but my favorite of the two is the version with the cut steel border.

Image and Text © 2009 Anne AKA Once Upon A Button

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this one. My favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ripley, I'm glad you like it! I love the "off-center" look of the frame, too. ~ Annie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments!